The Pipefitter will have knowledge of test piping systems, oxygen and acetylene cutting, basic rigging, operation of pneumatic and electric tools, and leak test-tubing systems. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or a construction jobsite setting.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Read and interpret blueprints, ISO's field installations, material takeoffs, field sketches, and understand specifications
- Fabricate and install screw pipe, socket weld pipe, stainless tubing, carbon steel weld pipe, and stainless steel weld pipe
- Miter and fabricate all pipe
- Use beveling machine to prepare pipes/tubes for welding
- Install all sizes of piping in pipe racks
- Install valves, pipe hangers, and pipe supports
- Must be able to install all sizes of underground pipe
- Must be able to install steam and heat tracing
- Must be able to perform proper bolt up of various sizes on pipe and valve flanges
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Reading and writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details