The Operator Foreman will supervise and coordinate the activity of Operators to ensure that work is done safely, correctly and timely. Produces high quality work, safely and productively at all times. Must have working knowledge of the equipment being used under their supervision and/or the ability to obtain the knowledge and education needed for the equipment. Looks for opportunities for improvement in all tasks, means and methods regarding the work. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction jobsite setting.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Inspect the quality of all work to ensure standards and specifications are met
- Assist workers in their duties and resolve problems
- Interpret and enforce company policies and safety regulations
- Provide feedback to ensure all materials, tools, equipment and information is available for the work
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Talking, reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details