The Rodbuster will reinforce or stabilize concrete structures and must understand the construction process and how rods reinforce concrete foundation or framing. Will use many power tools to complete projects. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or a construction jobsite setting.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints using wire and pliers
- position and secure steel bars, rods, cables or mesh in concrete forms using fasteners and hand tools
- Place blocks under rebar to hold the bards off the deck
- Bend steel rods with hand tools and rodbending machines
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric using hooked rods and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete
- Cut rods to required lengths using metal shears, hacksaws or bar cutters
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Reading and writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details