Will supervise and coordinate the activity of Ironworkers to ensure that work is done safely, correctly and timely. Inspects the quality of all work to ensure standards and specifications are met. Will also assist workers in their duties and resolve problems. Interprets and enforces company policies and safety regulations. Other supervisory duties as required by job.
Ironworker must have the ability to install rebar, perform connecting work, perform work at above ground elevations, and be able to set and plumb columns. Must have knowledge of basic welding and flame cutting, able to use pneumatic tools, have knowledge of safe loads and wire rope basics, familiarity with basic hand signals and basic rigging knowledge, experience with sizing of chokers, have layout knowledge (figure formulas) and knowledge of magnetic drill. Safety knowledge while working at heights is required.
The person who occupies this position must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace. This means that the individual must not pose a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of the individual or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation. The above description shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties, which may be required from day to day. CAJUN CONSTRUCTORS, INC. utilizes the multi-skill concept and expects the employee to perform other job disciplines.
- Must adhere to safety protocol, and work in a drug-free environment
- Must have at least one year of experience in the industrial/commercial construction industry and have a general understanding of the craft work being performed
- Must have knowledge of safety rules and regulations and learn client and company policy
- Knowledge and understanding of MSDS sheets necessary
- Position may require working in all weather conditions
- High-noise environment
- Working in plant operating conditions, including possible emergency situations; may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; may be working around construction machinery
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Will be performing tasks involving physical labor on construction projects
- May operate hand and power tools of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- May assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, multi-floor buildings with no elevator, pipe bands, vessels and structures
- Must have the ability to talk and communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Reading and writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details