The Facilities Manager will oversee all building related activities for our office location(s) including building and grounds maintenance. Responsible for preserving the good condition of grounds and infrastructure of facilities, and for ensuring the facilities are clean, safe, up to code, and fully operational.
The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Degree / certification in related field from a technical program or commensurable experience in mechanics, electrical, plumbing, HVAC
- Extensive knowledge of facility maintenance and upkeep
- Experience in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, general maintenance, building security systems.
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to read and interpret building plans and blueprints
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to company safety culture
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Must be able to concentrate amid distractions and remember details
- Ability to use computer, keyboard, telephone and other office communication devices
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain acceptable cost control
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)