Please attach a resume/curriculum vitae(CV) to your application in order to be considered.
The Senior Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. May be required to work in a plant operation or a construction jobsite setting.
We offer an attractive compensation package including competetive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and health benefits.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Examine estimates of material, equipment and production costs, performance requirements, and project schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Prepare bids, process specifications, test and progress reports and other exhibits that may be required
- Review bid from other firms for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids
- Award and administer subcontracts, including final approval of payment
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others
- Advise superintendents and construction manager of contractual rights and obligations
- Maintain subcontracts and subcontractor status databases
- Act as liaison between company, client and subcontractors
- Aggressive collection through invoicing on time, demanding payment within terms of contract, and using best judgement with schedule of values
- Maintain thorough documentation of all events, discussions and issues
- Provide monthly projections of the status of the project
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies when applicable
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must have 10 years of Civil Project Management Experience
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to manage schedules, resourcing, budgets, assets and overall project organization to ensure the team meets project requirements and client expectations
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or the equivalient
- Must have a current, valid TWIC card
- Knowledge of Viewpoint accounting software is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions
- Will need to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Will operate office equipment of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, reaching overhead, squatting, sitting or standing and lifting
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, and multi-floor buildings with no elevator
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to drive cars/trucks as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision and field workers
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Requires strong leadership and motivational skills