The Pile Driver Helper will assist skilled craftsperson(s) by performing supportive duties as directed and will work under immediate supervision. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or a construction jobsite setting.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
Will assist Pile Driver/Pile Driver Foreman with the following:
- Erect and dismantle lattice boom cranes
- Obtain necessary tools and components and the lay out of work
- Interpret hand signals in order to direct cranes for pile driving activities
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types with proper training and authorization
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details