Cajun Engineering Solutions, LLC is seeking a Mechanical Engineer in the Baton Rouge area. The ideal candidate will have at least ten years of mechanical engineering experience in petro-chemical design projects. The position will interface directly with the client to specify and requisition both rotating and fixed equipment. BS Mechanical Engineering, proven self-motivation, and leadership are required. Ten years of industrial experience is preferred with strong consideration for challenging work experience. Competitive salary DOE and full benefits package with a dynamic, growing company!
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions.
- Will need to perform sedentary to heavy work.
- Will operate office equipment of all types.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, reaching overhead, squatting, sitting or standing and lifting.
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, and multi-floor buildings with no elevator.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.).
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision.
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy.
- Knowledge and ability to use and comprehend advanced math and complete calculations.
- Work at various tempos; ability to maintain concentration amid distractions.
- Decision making and problem solving skills necessary.
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details.