The Scheduler plans and prepares CPM schedules for Construction Projects. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in an office setting. Office dress code will apply.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendent to draw up master schedule for building the project
- Plan sequence of submittals, engineer review, O&M manuals, fabrication, assembly, installation, and construction of facilities for guidance of production workers
- Confer with superintendent and project manager to determine status of assigned projects on a monthly basis
- Complete routine site walks to evaluate the input into schedule
- Produce monthly updated schedule for submission to parties
- Prepare schedule reviews
- Prepare bid schedules for proposals
- Ensure schedules are copied and distributed
- Assist other craft workers as needed
*Demonstrated Proficiency with Primavera P6 Construction Scheduling Software*
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions
- Will need to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Will operate office equipment of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, reaching overhead, squatting, sitting or standing and lifting
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, and multi-floor buildings with no elevator
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to drive cars/trucks as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details