Senior Mechanical Estimator
Analyzes mechanical blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties:
· Review and understand the bid documents published by the client.
· Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
· Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
· Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
· Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
· Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
· Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
· Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
· Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
· Uses estimating procedures and policies.
· Conducts a pre-job checklist and defines scope of work.
· Coordinates disciplines and pricing into proposal.
· Performs quantity take-off and price take-off.
· Prepare project bid schedule.
· Verify completeness of estimate.
· Promotes interaction with estimating team by brainstorming constructibility of project, maximizing creativity, analyzing production rates, and maximizing indirect costs to reduce duration.
· Must have 10 plus years of experience with estimating mechanical packages
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related field or experience in the industrial construction industry and have an understanding of the craft work being performed
· Must be proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Computer Programs
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
· Reading, writing and hearing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
· Must have knowledge of safety rules and regulations and learn client and company policy
· Knowledge and understanding of MSDS sheets necessary
· Office Environment
· Professional Setting
· Must have the ability to direct others and communicate effectively with other management/ supervision
· Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
· Ability to use math/complete calculations
· Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
· Decision making skills necessary
· Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details