The QA/QC Inspector, for turnaround projects, will ensure continuous production of systems is consistent with established standards. Will coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site QC Manager and coordinate all quality related correspondence with the customers’ representatives. Welding Inspector (CWI) or an API 570 is a plus. Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in inspection. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction jobsite setting.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Monitor all quality related activities on the project
- Coordinate with management for quality improvements
- Complete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
- Verify that contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and confirms contractor documentation submittals
- Ensure that safety is adhered to at site
- Ensure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current in status
- Put test packages together for client
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions
- Will need to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Will operate office equipment of all types
- Will operate inspection hand gages of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, reaching overhead, squatting, sitting or standing and lifting
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, and multi-floor buildings with no elevator
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to drive cars/trucks as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details