The Recruiting Assistant will assist the recruiting department by performing processing, administrative and clerical support duties.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to five (2-5) years of related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as employment forms, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before prospective employees and applicants or employees.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Perform Assistant Recruiter duties as required
HR Administration / Onboarding Related Duties:
- Administer applicant tracking and onboarding systems.
- Review and approve new hire/re-hire submissions.
- Administer the set-up of new hire alerts and starts/terminations.
- Administer onboarding package to new hires and maintain documents for new hires.
- Ensure completion and compliance of all onboarding requirements.
- Ensure all paperwork is scanned into electronic management system.
- Follow up with candidates on completion of the required documentation.
- Notify recruiting manager of any potential issues with the new hire.
- Act as a liaison between candidate/recruiting/accounting and HR for all onboarding documentation for hires and terms.
- Work with recruiting team, orientation trainer and manager to coordinate and facilitate new employee orientations and interactions.
- Follow up with employees and manager to collect and update paperwork.
- Create and maintain personnel records.
- Assist with internal audits and monthly compliance tracking.
- Organize and maintain recruiting team site records.
- Overflow work from recruiting team members.
- Filing and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Distribute directions to work location/jobsites, distribute PPE where applicable, and distribute employee handbook and ethics policy.
- Communicate with supervisors/jobsites regarding status of manpower requests.
- Compose and type routine correspondence.
- Direct applicants to the appropriate person and office.
- Coordinate appointments for recruiting department employees.
- Direct applicants to apply online.
- Assist applicants apply online at the reception area kiosks.
- Provide basic and accurate information in person and via phone/email.
- Schedule new employees for needed Safety Council courses.
- P-vault all required documents.
- Set up new employees for drug screens and physicals.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms
- Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, use hands and fingers to handle and feel
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary work
- Must have the ability to direct others and communicate effectively with other management/ supervision
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Must be able to concentrate amid distractions and remember details
- Ability to use computer, keyboard, telephone and other office devices