The Truck Driver CDL must pick up, transport and deliver all jobsite products, materials and correspondence via flatbed or semi-truck. Must maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License. Will inspect vehicles and equipment to diagnose malfunction or determine road worthiness or job worthiness. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and also learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Must have the Passenger and School bus endorsements. This person will have to drive a school bus on the highway in the morning and evening, bringing to and from parking lot to the job-site.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Load, unload (or assist loading and unloading) and deliver transported materials
- Confirm receipts of received items and make record of delivered items
- Assist with any other general clerical or laborer duties as assigned
- Keep acceptable driver record per company standard
- Understand and comply with DOT rules and regulations
- Clean and maintain all vehicles, equipment and tools
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Ability to drive cars, trucks, forklifts and other equipment as needed
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Ability to speak clearly, read, write, and comprehend
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details