Technical Services Manager
On-Site position - Directed by Client
The following are the minimum requirements for this function title and level.
· BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering required
· PE registration preferred
· 7+ years of experience required
· Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs.
· Must have experience preparing requisition packages for mechanical equipment used in an industrial facility
· May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task.
· Project Management Experience is a plus.
· Ability to work independently and complete tasks as scheduled is required.
· Good listening, writing and communication skills
· Proficient in existing drawing research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties will include:
· Responsibilities ranging from concept through commissioning.
· Preparing requisition packages for mechanical equipment used in an industrial facility.
· Evaluating the desired goal of the system and develop, design, or select the required equipment to achieve the goal.
· Developing and reviewing specifications, including design and construction criteria.
· Performing and checking calculations, specify equipment, and solving multifaceted problems of varying engineering complexity.
· Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
· Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
· Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting.
· Operations and Maintenance support including providing guiding input to stakeholders, and consulting on day to day issues that could require engineering input.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Maintain coordination with all team members for information, specific job scope and efficient design.
· Actively cooperate with members of your project task force, client personnel and members of your department, as appropriate.
· Perform all work to the best of your ability and in an expedient and efficient manner.
· Make a particular point of establishing a mutually respectful professional as well as a personal relationship with key client personnel with whom you interact.
· Understand client expectations, as determined by the team.
· Meet commitments that you make to complete work by certain dates or within agreed man-hour or cost budgets.